Donut Holes



Raw Food Prep Day!


Man, today was a pretty productive day, I ran around everywhere to get fresh foods as cheap as possible and organic as possible. I went to the farmers market at KCC, Down to Earth, and Safeway as well as a local market place by my house. After shopping I got home and made raw "donut holes," which were super yummy, I prepped some spicy pepitas (super spicy!), made some almond milk for the first time (amazing!) and prepped some "garlic bread" for dinner tomorrow to go with the raw lasagna I'm going to make. After all this and forgetting to eat lunch, it's 7pm and I'm really tired but I'm going to go to a friend's house and learn about the Chamorro people and then go to Jimmy Buffets to watch my friend's band play on her birthday. If only I could be everywhere at once, I'd go to Kailua and watch my other friend at open mic night at Morning Brew Café!


Recipes:

Donut Holes

1 3/4 c. almonds

1/2 t. sea salt

1 vanilla bean, scraped

2 c. dried pineapple

2 c. pitted dates

1/3 + 1/4 c. shredded coconut


Food processor: process almonds salt and vanilla till consistency of fine powder. Add pineapple and dates till mixed well. Mix in 1/3 c. coconut. Roll into balls then roll in coconut. Refrigerate (~1 week) Notes: I only used half the pineapple and dates because I'm poor and they turned out really good!


Comments

Popular Posts